Lots More Information
- How Income Taxes Work
- How Federal Taxes Work
- What's the difference between a flat tax and a fair tax?
- Can tax rebates really prevent an economic downturn?
- Would a fat tax really save lives?
- 10 Death Tax Myths
- How Inheritance Tax Works
- How Tax Brackets Work
- Khimm, Suzy. The Washington Post. "Conservatives launch 'We are the 53 percent' to criticize 99 percenters." October 10, 2011 (Accessed Nov. 6, 2011) http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/conservatives-launch-we-are-the-53-percent-to-criticize-99-percenters/2011/10/10/gIQA70omaL_blog.html
- PolitiFact. "John Cornyn says 51 percent of American households pay no income tax." July 7, 2011 (Accessed Nov. 6, 2011) http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/jul/08/john-cornyn/john-cornyn-says-51-percent-american-households-pa/
- Social Security Administration. "Social Security and Medicare Tax Rates." (Accessed Nov. 8, 2011) http://www.ssa.gov/oact/progdata/taxRates.html
- Tax Policy Center. "Current-Law Distribution of Taxes: 2009" (Accessed Nov. 7, 2011) http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxtopics/currentdistribution.cfm
- Williams, Roberton. Tax Policy Center. "Why Do People Pay No Federal Income Tax?" July 27, 2011 (Accessed Nov. 6, 2011) http://taxvox.taxpolicycenter.org/2011/07/27/why-do-people-pay-no-federal-income-tax-2/