Lots More Information
- How Currency Works
- How Banks Work
- How Stocks and the Stock Market Work
- How the Euro Works
- How Recessions Work
- How much money is "all the money in the world"?
- Why doesn't paper money disintegrate when it gets washed in the washing machine?
More Great Links
- International Reciprocal Trade Organization
- IRS on Bartering Income
- Kyle MacDonald's One Red Paperclip Blog
- AllBusiness.com. "Barter Tax and Accounting Issues." AllBusiness.com. (July 31, 2008) http://www.allbusiness.com/accounting-reporting/corporate-taxes/1153-1.html
- Davidson, Adam. "From a Paper Clip to a House: Bartering on the Web." National Public Radio. Sept. 4, 2008. (July 31, 2008) http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5763262
- Flanigan, James. "Bartering Expands in the Internet Age." New York Times. July 17 2008. (July 31, 2008) http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/17/business/smallbusiness/17edge.html
- Groz, Marc M. "Forbes Guide to the Markets." John Wiley and Sons, 1998. (July 31, 2008) http://books.google.com/books?id=zsLajKWcKzIC
- Investopedia Staff. "What is Money?" Investopedia. (July 31, 2008) http://www.investopedia.com/articles/basics/03/061303.asp
- IRS. "Topic 420 - Bartering Income." Internal Revenue Service. (July 31, 2008) http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc420.html
- IRTA. "Modern Trade & Barter: Commercial Barter." International Reciprocal Trade Association. (July 31, 2008) http://www.irta.com/RTCommercialBarter.aspx
- Risen, Clay. "Taxing Virtual Economies." New York Times. Dec. 10, 2006. (July 31, 2008) http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/10/magazine/10section3b.t-8.html?_r=2&oref= slogin&oref=slogin
- Silverman, Rachel Emma. "Bartering to Avoid Taxes; Popular Real-Estate Strategy Is Increasingly Used to Defer Capital Gains on Other Assets." Wall Street Journal. Dec. 29, 2005.