Lots More Information
Why are some products in the U.S. metric and others aren't? Soda is a really good example of one that's metric.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- 5 Tips for Shopping Online
- 10 Tips for Staying on Budget
- 5 Ways to Lower Your Financial Stress
- Top 10 Wacky Inventions for the Home
- 8 Automotive Lemons
- 5 Telecommuting Careers That Can Make You Rich
- Top 5 Ways to Make Money on the Internet
- 17 Celebrities Who Started on Soap Operas
- Television's 11 Longest-Running Game Shows
- 18 Memorable TV Theme Songs
- 12 Hollywood Celebrities Who Have Made Ads in Japan
- Top 5 Celebrity Chefs
More Great Links
- Christian, Margena A. "Where Is…Miss Cleo?" Jet. Jan. 7, 2008. Volume 112, Issue 26, pgs. 38-39.
- Christopher, Kevin. "'Miss Cleo' Settles with the Federal Trade Commission." The Skeptical Inquirer, Mar/Apr 2003, Vol. 27, Iss. 2, pg. 8.
- "Does Magic Bullet Live Up To Its Infomercial?" The Denver Channel. Feb. 25, 2005. http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/4234089/detail.html
- Ginsu Steak Knife ad. YouTube.com. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abLB7aTmnE4
- Hopkins, Brent. "Blending Up an Infomercial Success." Knight Ridder Tribune Business News. Nov. 8, 2005, pg. 1.
- Jack LaLanne Power Juicer ad. YouTube.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMqemXx1e9M
- Hyman, Mark. "Think You Could Do This at 89?; Granddaddy of Fitness Jack LaLanne is Flexing for a Whole New Audience." BusinessWeek May 31, 2004, pg. 88.
- Larsen, John. "From the Inside Out." MSNBC. Sept. 15, 2006. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14856571/
- Lipka, Mitch. "'Jamaican' Miss Cleo is really from Los Angeles, state claims." Sun Sentinel. March 14, 2002. http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/palmbeach/sfl-031402-miss-cleo-psychic,0,6105488.story
- Magic Bullet infomercial. YouTube.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtpKjgwi4Sc
- McGinn, Dan. "How We Did It: Building a one-woman market niche." Boston. March 2006, Volume 28, Issue 3, pgs. 108-111.
- Newman, Andrew Adam. "Snuggie Rode Silly Ads to Stardom Over Rivals." The New York Times. Feb. 27, 2009, pg. B.6.
- NNDB. Jack LaLanne. http://www.nndb.com/people/697/000022631/
- Piccalo, Gina. "The Unsinkable Suzanne Somers." Los Angeles Times. Feb. 4, 2007, pg. I.12.
- "Rhode Island May Honor Ginsu Knife with Roadway." Associated Press. Feb. 22, 2008. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,331888,00.html
- Richardsimmons.com. "A Biography of Richard Simmons." http://www.richardsimmons.com/j15/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=15&Itemid=35
- Salkin, Allen. "Snuggie on the Street: Watch Your Back." The New York Times. Feb. 27, 2009. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/01/fashion/01snuggie.html
- Scott, Julia M. "Ronco, of infomercial fame, going bankrupt." Knight Ridder Tribune BusinessNews. June 19, 2007, pg. 1
- The Snuggie ad. YouTube.com. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xZp-GLMMJ0
- "Susan Powter. The Politics of Stupid: The Cure for Obesity." PR Newswire. April 15, 2008.