Lots More Information
Women are charged more than men for tons of everyday items. HowStuffWorks looks at five of the most common products women pay more for and why.
Author's Note: 10 Black Friday Horror Stories
I'm a reformed Black Friday shopper. When I was young and single, and not quite so wise, I would rise at 3 a.m. to join my brothers' wives in an annual predawn bargain ritual. We nearly froze, managed to laugh (at ourselves and others), drank coffee, and deployed in separate and strategic directions in each store. In the end, I'm not really sure I saved much money, but I did have fun. Until I realized how much amusement I could have with a PayPal account, a good Internet connection and a handful of promo codes -- without ever changing out of my pajamas.
- Caine, Bianca; Emerson, LaTina. "Shoplifting Suspect Stabs Marine, Police Say." The Augusta Chronicle. Nov. 26, 2010. (Oct. 31, 2013) http://chronicle.augusta.com//latest-news/2010-11-26/stabbing-reported-near-best-buy
- Caron, Matt. "Two-year-old Found in Springfield Parking Lot." WWLP. Nov. 23, 2012. (Oct. 31, 2013) http://www.wwlp.com/news/local/hampden/dad-leaves-child-in-car-to-buy-tv
- CNN. "Violence Mars Black Friday." Nov. 25, 2011. (Oct. 31, 2013) http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/25/business/money-black-friday-incidents/
- Fowler, Bob. "Black Friday Fury: Shopper Jailed for Road Incident." Knox News. Nov. 26, 2012. (Oct. 31, 2013) http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/nov/26/black-friday-fury-shopper-jailed-for-road/?comments_id=2450735
- Gould, Joe, Trapasso, Clare and Schapiro Rich. "Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after being trampled in Black Friday stampede." New York Daily News. Nov, 28, 2008. (Oct. 31, 2013). http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/worker-dies-long-island-wal-mart-trampled-black-friday-stampede-article-1.334059#ixzz2jo37eEA2
- Grad, Shelby. "Cerritos Mall Food Court Placed on Lockdown After Fight, Reports of Gunshots." LA Times. Nov. 26, 2010. (Oct. 31, 2013) http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/11/cerritos-mall-food-court-placed-on-lockdown-after-fight-reports-of-gunshots.html
- Holmes, Baxter. "Black Friday Wal-Mart in Upland Temporarily Closes After 'Fighting Inside.'" LA Times. Nov. 27, 2009. (Oct. 30, 2013) http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/money_co/2009/11/black-friday-Wal-Mart-in-upland-temporarily-closes-after-fighting-inside.html
- Kattalia, Kathryn. "Man Dies After Collapsing in Shopping Center During Black Friday." New York Daily News. Nov. 27, 2011. (Oct. 31, 2013) http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/man-dies-collapsing-shopping-center-black-friday-article-1.983040
- Ley, Ana. "Shopper who pulled gun at San Antonio mall within rights, cops say." San Antonio Express-News. Nov. 22, 2012. (Nov. 5, 2013) http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Shopper-who-pulled-gun-at-San-Antonio-mall-within-4060598.php
- Mehta, Seema, Maltais, Michelle and Yoshino, Kimi. "Panic at Gunfire in Toy Store." LA Times. Nov. 29, 2008. (Oct. 30, 2013) http://articles.latimes.com/2008/nov/29/local/me-toystoreshooting29
- Re, Gregg. "Black Friday Mayhem Apocalypse Death Zone Roundup: 2 Shot, 1 Gun Brandished, Target Targeted." The Daily Caller. Nov. 24, 2012. (Oct. 31, 2013) http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/24/black-friday-mayhem-apocalypse-death-zone-roundup-2-shot-1-gun-brandished-target-targeted/
- Tunison, John. "Black Friday Shoplifters in Holland Township Turns Violent When Handgun is Drawn." Mlive. Nov. 23, 2012. (Oct. 31, 2013) http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2012/11/black_friday_shoplifters_in_ho.html