Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- California State Board of Equalization. "Applying Tax to Your Sales & Purchases." http://www.boe.ca.gov/sutax/faqpurch.htm
- Duncan, Harley T. "State and Local Retail Sales Taxes." Report from Federation of Tax Administrators presented to the President's Advisory Panel on Federal Tax Reform. April 2005.
- Federation of Tax Administrators. "2010 Sales Tax Holidays." (Accessed March 7, 2010)http://www.taxadmin.org/fta/rate/sales_holiday.html
- Fox, William F. "History and Economic Impact." Sales Taxation, edited by Jerry Janata, with Donald Bruce and Matthew Murray, Contemporary Economic Policy, October 2002. http://18.104.22.168/search?q=cache:e0rSJSyK_Q4J:cber.bus.utk.edu/staff/mnmecon338/foxipt.pdf+william+f.+fox+sales+tax&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
- Froomkin, Dan. "Tax Policy: Ripe for Reform?" The Washington Post, April 28, 1998. Accessed March 4, 2010http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/special/tax/tax.htm
- Hornbeck, Mark. "Granholm Faces Battle Over Proposed Sales Tax on Services." The Detroit News, Detroit, Mich., Feb. 12, 2010. Accessed March 7, 2010http://detnews.com/article/20100212/POLITICS02/2120390/Granholm-faces-battle-over-proposed-sales-tax-on-services
- New Hampshire Department of Revenue Administration. "Taxpayer Assistance: Does NH have an Income Tax or Sales Tax?"http://www.revenue.nh.gov/faq/gti-rev.htm
- O'Connor, Paul T. Political Journalist, Raleigh, N.C. Personal interview, March 3, 2010.
- Retirement Living Information Center. "Taxes by State." Accessed March 4, 2010http://www.retirementliving.com/RLtaxes.html
- Urban Institute and Brookings Institution. Tax Policy Center. "Tax Facts: Sales Tax rates 2000-2010)." Accessed March 5, 2010
- Vermont Department of Taxes. "Sales Tax Holiday Q&A." Accessed March 3, 2010http://www.state.vt.us.tax/2009sthq&a2nd.shtml
- WCAX.com. "Vt. Tax holiday draws shoppers." South Burlington, Vt. March 6, 2010. Accessed March 8, 2010http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?s=12095774&clienttype=printable