Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Banks Work
- How the Fed Works
- How Recessions Work
- How 401(k) Plans Work
- How 529 Plans Work
- How do stock options work?
- Why does the stock market use fractions?
- If all the money in the U.S. only totals $6 trillion, how can the NY Stock Exchange have stocks valued at $15 trillion?
- How much money is "all the money in the world"?
- How does the Social Security system (in the U.S.) work?
- How Investment Scams Work
More Great Links
- Ameritrade Education Center http://www.ameritrade.com/index1.html
- InvestorGuide.com: Introduction to Investing Basics.http://www.investorguide.com/igup1-introduction-to-investing-basics.htm
- InvestorGuide.com: Investment Choices http://www.investorguide.com/igup1-investment-choices.htm
- Laise, Eleanor and William Maudlin. "Hook the Right Broker." SmartMoney.com, August 1, 2005. http://www.smartmoney.com/brokers/index.cfm?story=2005-intro
- NASAA: Get the Facts About Online Investing http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Investing/Startinvesting/P98893.asp
- NSAD: Prohibited Conduct http://www.nasd.com/web/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&ssDocName=NASDW_005876
- Internet Fraud: How to Avoid Internet Investment Scams. SEC.http://www.sec.gov/investor/pubs/cyberfraud.htm
- Weston, Liz Pullman. "How to Choose the Right Brokerage for You." MSN Money. http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/Investing/Startinvesting/P98893.asp