Car insurance has been on my mind lately, probably because the rear bumper of my trusty four-wheeled steed now has a sizable dent. After a breakfast meeting at a local restaurant, I returned to my car and discovered that someone in the parking lot had backed his vehicle into it and left -- without leaving a note.
In all likelihood, the other driver didn't have insurance, as I was advised by a police officer who happened to drive into the parking lot as I inspected the damage. On the bright side, at least I do -- and that's sure to soften the blow as I gather repair estimates from area body shops.
- Car Smarts: How to Buy a Car Quiz
- 10 Questions to Ask Before Buying Car Insurance
- 5 Things You Can Do to Lower Your Auto Insurance Rates
- How Car Insurance Works
- How Kelley Blue Book Works
- What is no-fault auto insurance?
- Does car insurance lower at a certain age?
- How does where you live affect your auto insurance rate?
- Can you insure a car that has a salvage title?
- Insurance Research Council. "Uninsured Motorists, 2011 Edition." April 1, 2011. (March 12, 2012) http://www.insurance-research.org/research-publications/uninsured-motorists-2011-edition-march-2011
- Ohio Department of Insurance. "Guide to Automobile Insurance." (March 13, 2012) http://www.insurance.ohio.gov/consumer/ocs/completeguides/completeautoguide.pdf
- Reed, Phillip. "How Much Car Insurance do you Need?" Edmunds. Aug. 25, 2011. (March 12, 2012) http://www.edmunds.com/auto-insurance/how-much-car-insurance-do-you-need.html
- Schrage, Andrew. Personal interview. March 13, 2012.
- Smart Money. "How Much Auto Insurance do you Need?" July 9, 2008. (March 12, 2012) http://www.smartmoney.com/plan/insurance/how-much-auto-insurance-do-you-need-10731/
- The Wall Street Journal. "How Much Car Insurance do you Need?" (March 12, 2012) http://guides.wsj.com/personal-finance/insurance/how-much-car-insurance-do-you-need/