Employees of Clif Bar and Company, a nutrition business that produces popular energy bars and drinks, not only get access to an on-site state-of-the-art gym, bouldering wall, two yoga/dance studios and nutritional counseling, but they're allowed to work out 30 minutes every workday, or 2.5 hours each week, while on the clock -- meaning they're getting paid to exercise. And that's far from all. Employees also receive the following:
- Reimbursements of up to $350 for athletic competition entry frees (marathons, triathlons, century rides and the like)
- Subsidized, on-site massage and chiropractic services
- Access to a fleet of in-house cruisers they can ride to run errands or bike to lunch
- Use of on-site showers, plus a towel service
- Free life coaching (six visits per year) [source: Outside]
With benefits like these -- and the above list is far from comprehensive -- is it any surprise that Clif Bar has a 96 percent employee retention rate [source: Finney]?