10 Careers for People Who Love to Travel


Field Service Technician

Many jobs that allow you to travel also require you to have a four-year college degree -- and often an advanced degree. If you don't have that kind of education but you still want to travel, consider working as a field service technician. These mobile repair techs travel wherever they are needed to perform equipment maintenance and repair.

Field service technicians are like equipment doctors making technical house calls. They might go to a construction site to fix a broken crane, a big-city high-rise to fix an elevator, or a remote train track to bring a disabled engine back to life.

Field service technicians can work for the government, equipment manufacturers, computer repair companies or construction and transportation businesses.

You don't need a four-year degree to be a field service technician, but a two-year associate's degree and some technical training are helpful. Many companies offer on-the-job training, so after a few years of working in this industry, you should be highly qualified.