Let's be honest: Auto insurance isn't the sexiest article topic. But I did find the process of writing about it really useful, since if I'm driving a car, it's good to know how it's (and I'm) protected, right? I found that many agents I spoke to didn't know much about how auto insurance works outside of their state, but Web sites selling auto insurance actually ended up being good resources. That's not usually the case with Web sites that are trying to sell you something, but since their customers really do have to understand what they're buying before the pull out the credit card, I was in luck. It was also really interesting to learn how the requirements for coverage vary from state to state, and it's something I'll definitely pay attention to the next time I'm road tripping.
- 5 Things You Can Do to Lower Your Auto Insurance Rates
- 10 Questions to Ask Before Buying Car Insurance
- How Defensive Driving Works
- Top 10 Safe Driving Tips
- Top 19 Ways to Avoid an Automotive Accident
- How does the car you buy impact your insurance rate?
- How does getting married affect your auto insurance?
- All Insurance Info. "Medical Payments Coverage." (March 10, 2012) http://allinsuranceinfo.org/auto/medical-payments.html
- Auto Insurance Remedy. "Collision Auto Insurance." (March 13, 2012) http://www.autoinsuranceremedy.com/definition-collision-auto-insurance.html
- Auto Insurance Remedy. "Pennsylvania Auto Insurance." (March 14, 2012) http://www.autoinsuranceremedy.com/pennsylvania-auto-insurance.html
- Auto Insurance Remedy. "What Is Car Insurance?" (March 10, 2012) http://www.autoinsuranceremedy.com/what-is-car-insurance.html
- Auto Insurance Tips. "Medical Payments Coverage vs. Health Insurance: Must I Carry Both?" Oct. 19, 2009. (March 10, 2012) http://www.autoinsurancetips.com/medical-payments-coverage-vs-health-insurance-must-i-carry-both
- Consumer Reports. "Save On Car Insurance." (March 10, 2012) http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/magazine-archive/2010/october/money/car-insurance/overview/index.htm
- Kiplinger. "Collision Coverage: Don't Take Chances." (March 10, 2012) http://www.kiplinger.com/basics/archives/2003/03/auto2.html
- Kiplinger. "Comprehensive: A Grab Bag of Coverages." (March 18, 2012) http://www.kiplinger.com/basics/archives/2003/03/auto2c.html?si=1