Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Credit Reports Work
- How Revolving Credit Works
- What one thing will improve your credit score the most?
- What's the average credit score and why?
- How Credit Cards Work
- How Buying a Car Works
- How Buying a House Works
- How Banks Work
- How Mortgages Work
- How Identity Theft Works
- What are the differences between the various "chapters" of bankruptcy?
- Quiz Corner: Credit Score Quiz
More Great Links
- myFICO. "Understanding Your FICO Score." Fair Isaac Corporation. (Aug. 21, 2008)
- myFICO. "Loan Savings Calculator." Fair Isaac Corporation. (Aug. 21, 2008)
- CreditInfoCenter. "Can your insurer hold your credit report against you?" CreditInfoCenter.com. (Aug. 21, 2008)
- CNNMoney. "Credit report errors may cost you a job." CNNMoney. June 17, 2004. (Aug. 21, 2008)
- Kim, Jane J. "Default Lines: The New Math Of Credit Scores." Dec. 20, 2007. (Aug. 21, 2008)