Lots More Information
Dollar stores — where most items cost just a buck — always seem to make money. HowStuffWorks finds out how they do it.
- CoStar Group. "Second Time Around Resale/Consignment/Thrift Stores Thriving in Recession." Costar.com. Dec. 2, 2011. http://www.costar.com/News/Article/SECOND-TIME-AROUND-Resale-Consignment-Thrift-Stores-Thriving-in-Recession/114429
- Helium. "Reasons to shop at thrift stores." Dec. 2, 2011. http://www.helium.com/items/1583008-reasons-to-shop-at-thrift-stores
- Salvation Army. "Shop America's Favorite Family Store...where your purchases always help us help others." Salvationarmyusa.org. Dec. 2, 2011. http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/www_usn_2.nsf/0/e3610fb5ddd550a1802573250030e32a?opendocument
- The Society of St. Vincent de Paul. Dec. 2, 2011. http://www.svdpusa.org/
- Valley Food Bank. "7 Reasons to Shop at Our Thrift Stores." Dec. 2, 2011. http://www.valleyfoodbank.org/VFB_Thriftstore_Info.html