Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Bank Quiz
- How Credit Cards Work
- How Banks Work
- How E-ZPass Works
- How Modems Work
- How does a magnetic stripe on the back of a credit card work?
- I've heard of bank robbers being foiled by a "dye pack" put in their money stash. What is a "dye pack"?
- When I pay for my groceries by check, where does that check go?
More Great Links
- Minnesota Bankers Association: ATM Facts
- Visa Check Cards/Debit Cards
- ATM Connection: Some Facts About ATM Machines
- Practical Guide to Analog Modems
- Asynchronous Serial Transmission
- Point-to-Point Protocol
- Telephone History Web Site
- Alexander Graham Bell's Path to the Telephone
- Glossary of Telecom Terms
- The Banker's Exchange: ATM Parts
About the Author
Jim Bowen is the service manager for GreenLink Technologies, Inc.