Though I once owned an original Chevy Nova (a rust-bucket rather than a classic, but with a very powerful small-block-eight engine), my current ride is a mundane Toyota. This article brought to mind vintage songs as well as vintage cars. The Beach Boys sang "Little Deuce Coupe," but who remembers the "lake pipes" they referred to? Ronny and the Daytonas are long gone, but their paean to the Pontiac GTO survives on the oldies station. I find that once these songs, like Commander Cody's "Hot Rod Lincoln," start playing in your head, it's hard to silence them. "My pappy said, `Son, you're gonna drive me to drinkin', if you don't stop drivin' ...'"
- 10 Most Expensive Classic Cars
- 5 Things You Can Do to Lower Your Auto Insurance Rates
- 5 Tips for Buying Car Insurance for Teenagers
- 10 Questions to Ask Before Buying Car Insurance
- How Car Insurance Works
- How Liability Insurance Works
- How does the car you buy impact your insurance rate?
- What is no-fault auto insurance?
- What is the actual cost of auto insurance?
- Drivesteady.com. "Antique Car Insurance 101," August 8, 2011. (March 22, 2012) http://drivesteady.com/antique-car-insurance-101
- Hagerty.com. "Antique & classic vehicles." (March 22, 2012) http://www.hagerty.com/Collector-car-insurance/Does-my-vehicle-qualify/Antique-and-classic-cars
- Kristof, Kathy. "Collectible cars get a rare break on insurance," Chicago Tribune, September 27, 2009. (March 22, 2012) http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2009-09-27/news/0909240629_1_collectible-cars-state-farm-classic-car-insurance