Lots More Information
Is your car over-insured? Learn how to tell if your car has too much insurance at HowStuffWorks.
Author's Note: 5 Things You Should Tell Your Insurance Company Immediately After a Crash
What I found most interesting during my research for this article was that there's just as much information out there on what not to tell your insurance company as there is about what to tell them -- maybe even more. I also had no idea that fraudulent accidents existed, so it was very eye-opening to read about what to watch out for. I found it particularly interesting that perpetrators of fraudulent accidents are likely to be driving either older, beat-up cars or luxury vehicles, but nothing in between. I hope HowStuffWorks readers find this article as useful as I did!
More Great Links
- AAA. "Auto Accident Tips." (March 25, 2012) http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:CPxqTW92KPoJ:www.calif.aaa.com/en-ca/driving-resources/Pages/accident-tips.aspx
- Bailey, Ronald. "Don't Be Terrorized." Reason Online. Aug. 11, 2006 (April 3, 2012) http://reason.com/archives/2006/08/11/dont-be-terrorized
- California DMV. "Vehicle Collisons!" (March 25, 2012) http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffdl16.htm
- FindLaw. "After a Car Accident: First Steps." (March 27, 2012) http://injury.findlaw.com/car-accident/personal-injury-first-car-accident.html
- Insure. "What to do after a car accident." (March 24, 2012) http://www.insure.com/car-insurance/after-car-crash.html
- Novak, Chrissy. "Automobile Accident Fraud." National Insurance Crime Bureau." (March 30, 2012) http://www.nicbtraining.org/Auto_Accident_Fraud.pdf
- Reed, Philip. "What to Do After a Car Accident." Edmunds.com. May 5, 2009 (March 26, 2012) http://www.edmunds.com/car-safety/what-to-do-after-a-car-accident.html