Lots More Information
Just 9 percent of all shopping is online, but it's growing fast. HowStuffWorks shares a few tricks retail stores are using to stay competitive.
More HowStuffWorks Lists
- Berss, Marcia. "Empty Tables." Forbes. Dec. 6, 1993. Vol. 152, Issue 13. p232-235.
- Collins, Glenn. "Chief of McDonalds Defends Arch Deluxe to Franchisees." The New York Times. Sept. 19, 1996. [Oct. 10, 2008] http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A06E3D81E3AF93AA2575AC 0A960958260
- Collins, Glenn. "Low-Fat Food: Feeding Frenzy For Marketers." The New York Times. September 27, 1995. [Oct. 10, 2008] http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=990CE1D61F3DF934 A1575AC0A963958260
- Kidd, Kenneth, Karlene Nation. "Burger business turns tough Fast-food sales lose their sizzle." The Globe and Mail (Canada). Aug. 26, 1991.
- McCullough, Jillyn. "Lean sales for McDonald's low-fat burger." USA Today. March, 10, 1993.
- Reuters, "McDonald's bid for peace comes with chicken: Hopes McArabia sandwich will quell anti-U.S.-fury." National Post (Canada). Aug. 8, 2003.
- Riley, Karen. "McDonald's lightens its menu in a new drive to fatten profits." The Washington Times. July 4, 1991.