Volunteering at a nursing home is a great idea for someone who's outgoing. Learn what it's like and how to get started volunteering at a nursing home.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- IRS. "Free Tax Return Preparation For You by Volunteers." (Accessed 4/25/09) http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=107626,00.html
- Monroe United Way. "2009 Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) and Earned Income Credit (EIC)." (Accessed 4/25/09)http://www.monroeunitedway.org/VITA2009.pdf
- Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare. "Volunteer Income Tax Program (VITA) Directory." (Accessed 4/25/09) http://www.dpw.state.pa.us/ServicesPrograms/CashAsstEmployment/003671773.htm
- San Antonio Community Initiatives. "VITA." (Accessed 4/25/09) http://www.sanantonio.gov/comminit/VITA/VITA_Volunteers.asp?res=1280&ver=true
- VITA Volunteers. "Volunteer Info - About Us." (Accessed 4/25/09)http://www.vita-volunteers.org/about_us.htm
- Wasilewski, Thomas. Tax-Aide Certified Counselor. Personal Interview. (April 21, 2009)