Online dating is more popular than ever, and there are umpteen resources for meeting people in your area. Match.com, Lavalife, eHarmony, Jdate -- there are hundreds of online dating sites that give you options for meeting people. If finding love through your computer isn't for you, Meetups are a great online resource for offline activities. Think of it as a party that someone is throwing for anyone else who shares their particular interest. They pick a topic, plan an event and post it on meetup.com. You plug in your zip code, search the topics and go to the events that interest you. It's a no pressure way to meet other people with similar interests. Now all you have to do is get out there!
- "14 Best Places to Meet Eligible Men." Allwomenstalk.com, 2010. http://allwomenstalk.com/10-best-places-to-meet-eligible-men/
- Company Website: meetup.com. http://www.meetup.com/
- "Dating Sites 1 to 25." 100bestdatingsites.com, 2010. http://www.100bestdatingsites.com/
- "Friendship: Seven Tips for Making New Friends." Happiness-project.com, February 25, 2009. http://www.happiness-project.com/happiness_project/2009/02/friendship-seven-tips-for-making-new-friends.html
- "How To Make A Bunch of New Friends In Any New City." Lifehack.com, November 24, 2008. http://www.lifehack.org/articles/communication/how-to-make-a-bunch-of-new-friends-in-any-new-city.html
- "Ten Important Research Findings on Marriage and Choosing a Marriage Partner." The National Marriage Project, November 2004. www.virginia.edu/marriageproject/pdfs/pubTenThingsYoungAdults.pdf
- Watters, Candice. "Where to Meet People." Boundless.org, 2010. http://www.boundless.org/2005/answers/a0001198.cfm