If you want to start an online magazine get a domain name, fill it with content, monetize and advertise. Here's how to start your own online magazine:
- Pick a topic for your magazine. This should be something you know a lot about and something you love.
- Do research to find out if there's a market for your idea.
- Think of a title for your magazine that includes search-engine optimized keywords. You can test your ideas by typing them into Google Keywords to see what gets the most hits. You can also use a title that the keyword tool recommends.
- Get an Internet domain name.
- Decide if you're going to hire someone to design your website or if you're going to do it yourself. You can always design a simple, free website and then spend more on a professional one once your magazine gets off the ground.
- Write content for your magazine. Write it yourself, hire freelance writers, solicit free articles from people who want to market products related to your magazine topic or mine articles from websites with free Ezine articles such as Ezine Articles, Articlesbase or Ezine Article Exchange. Don't publish your magazine until you have at least 10 to 20 pages of material.
- Monetize your website with pay-per-click ads such as Google Adsense and/or by becoming a marketing affiliate for companies that sell products related to your magazine topic.
- Advertise your magazine via e-mail, social networking sites, discussion forums related to your topic, print media and word-of-mouth.
- [source WOW!]
- Entice readers to subscribe by offering frequent, relevant and entertaining information, and by interacting with them. This means allowing readers to comment and having the authors of the articles reply to the comments.
- Create a community among your readers by adding a discussion forum.
- [source: MySmallBiz]