The things that are hard about e-commerce include:
- Getting traffic to come to your Web site
- Getting traffic to return to your Web site a second time
- Differentiating yourself from the competition
- Getting people to buy something from your Web site. Having people look at your site is one thing. Getting them to actually type in their credit card numbers is another.
- Integrating an e-commerce Web site with existing business data (if applicable)
There are so many Web sites, and it is so easy to create a new e-commerce web site, that getting people to look at yours is the biggest problem.
The things that are easy about e-commerce, especially for small businesses and individuals, include:
- Creating the web site
- Taking the orders
- Accepting payment
There are inumerable companies that will help you build and put up your electronic store. We'll discuss some options in the next section.