New Boss: Cheat Sheet
Stuff You Need To Know:
- Be at your best if you're meeting potential candidates for your boss's position. You might be reporting to any of them and you want to set a good first impression.
- Come at the situation with an open mind -- it's full of opportunity.
- Take the initiative to learn about your new boss by setting up a one-on-one meeting as soon as possible
- Be prepared to adapt. After all, he or she is the boss, not you, and you'll need to give his or her approach your best effort
- Don't pile on the flattery. It's transparent and will make you look fake (even if you really mean it).