Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Engstrom, L.-G. and T. Eriksen. "Can differences in benefit levels explain duration and outcome of sickness absence?" Disability and Rehabilitation. 2002.
- Fuller, Thomas. "Sick leave: It's all over the EU map." International Herald Tribune. Oct. 20, 2004. (July 21, 2008) http://www.iht.com/articles/2004/10/20/workcol20_ed3_.php
- Gimeno, D., F.G. Benavides, J. Benach, B.C. Amick III. "Distribution of sickness absence in the European Union countries." Occupational and Environmental Medicine. 2004. (July 21, 2008) http://www.sph.uth.tmc.edu/course/occupational_envHealth/bamick/home/Gimeno%20Dist%20sick%20abs%202004.pdf
- Heymann, Jody, Alison Earle, Jeffrey Hayes. "The Work, Family, and Equity Index: Where Does the United States Stand Globally?" The Project on Global Working Families. 2007. (July 21, 2008) http://www.mcgill.ca/files/ihsp/WFEI2007.pdf
- Mason, Michael. "Sniffling, Sneezing and Turning Cubicles Into Sick Bays." New York Times. Dec. 26, 2006. (July 21, 2008) http://www.nytimes.com/2006/12/26/health/26cons.html?scp=1&sq=presenteeism&st=cse
- Osterkamp, Rigmar and Oliver Rohn. "Being on Sick Leave: Possible Explanations for Differences of Sick-leave Days Across Countries." CESifo Economic Studies. 2007. (July 21, 2008) http://cesifo.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/reprint/ifm005v1.pdf
- Schweitzer, Tamara. "When Warm Weather Arrives, More Employees Call in 'Sick'." Inc. June 1, 2007. (July 21, 2008) http://www.inc.com/news/articles/200706/summer.html
- Van Dusen, Allison and Ana Patricia Ferrey. "World's Healthiest Countries." Forbes. April 8, 2008. (July 21, 2008) http://www.forbes.com/2008/04/07/health-world-countries-forbeslife-cx_avd_0408health_print.html
- Voss, Margaretha, Birgitta Floderus and Finn Diderichsen. "Changes in sickness absenteeism following the introduction of a qualifying day for sickness benefit -- findings from Sweden Post." Scandinavian Journal of Public Health. 2001.