It's rare for anyone who's worked for more than a few years to not have their share of bosses, and I'm no exception. This article was informed both by lots of research and personal experience. Personal experience gave me a pretty good idea of the types of bosses out there, from laid back but inspirational to micro-managers who probably have no business being in charge of anybody.
The research gave me a better ideas about how to deal with these people, who are usually just trying to do their best in a new situation. As a librarian by trade, learning about new things is a lot of fun in its own right and I hope you too enjoyed learning some new tricks to help in whatever situation you find yourself.
- Diaz, Johnny. "Facebook's Squirmy Chapter: Site's Evolution Blurs Line Between Boss and Employee." Boston.com. April 16, 2008. (Sept. 26, 2010)http://www.boston.com/jobs/news/articles/2008/04/16/facebooks_squirmy_chapter/
- Dixit, Jay. "Bosses From Hell." Psychology Today. Sept. 1, 1996. (Sept 26, 2010)http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/199609/bosses-hell
- Half, Robert. "Adjusting to a New Manager." Birmingham Post. April 22, 2010. Page 16.
- Hunsinge, Dana. "Tips on Breaking in the New Boss." Great Falls Tribune. Oct. 13, 2008. Business Section, Page 6S.
- Reyer, Liz. "Same Old Job, New Boss: How Can You Adjust?" Ottawa Citizen. June 17, 2009. Working Section, Page F2.
- Stafford, Diane. "How to Survive a New Boss." Kansas City Star. May 24, 2009. Page 1.
- Stein, Joel. "Bosses From Hell." Time. Dec. 7, 1998. (Sept. 26, 2010)http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,989793,00.html
- Takash, Joe; Lorenz, Kate. "Trouble Connecting With the Boss?" The Work Buzz. Oct 14, 2009. (Sept 26, 2010)http://www.theworkbuzz.com/work/connect-with-the-boss/
- Weiss, Tara. "The Fine Art of Sucking Up To Your Boss." Forbes.com. Feb. 26, 2008. (Sept. 27, 2010)
- Willis, Bill. "Meeting the New Boss: Making the Right Impression." On Wall Street. May 2010. Vol.20, No.5. Page 48.