Explore an Exotic City -- Your Own!
As you rush through your busy days, it's easy to overlook the wonder of your very own city. Before you start pricing flights and hotel packages on other towns, remember that other people actually pay big money to visit the sites all around your city. On your next stay-cation, take the time to explore the very best your community has to offer.
Keep things fresh by approaching your adventure like a true vacation. Pick up a guidebook and break out of your rut by trying new places or asking friends for can't-miss suggestions. Attend a local festival or pick up tickets to a show. Try a new restaurant or finally take the time to visit all those local tourist sites you've never gotten around to seeing. A stay-cation in your own town not only takes the logistic difficulties out of travel, but also leaves you feeling refreshed rather than frazzled when it's time to head back to work.
- Brown, Jeff. "Avoiding High Gas Prices With a Staycation." MSNBC. May 29, 2008. (April 8, 2011)http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24859538/ns/business-your_retirement/
- Consumer Reports. "Tips for the Best Staycation Ever." May 21, 2009. (April 8, 2011)http://news.consumerreports.org/money/2009/05/tips-for-the-best-staycation-ever.html
- Leamy, Elisabeth. "Tips for Planning a Great Staycation." Good Morning America. May 23, 2008. (April 8, 2011)http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Parenting/story?id=4919211
- National Park Service. "Frequently Asked Questions." April 4, 2011. (April 8, 2011)http://www.nps.gov/faqs.htm
- Oliver, Marie Elizabeth. "Our Best Staycation Ideas." Better Homes and Gardens. Date Unknown. (April 8, 2011)http://www.bhg.com/health-family/activities/seasonal/staycation/
- People Magazine. "Have a Staycation Party!" Nov. 16, 2008. (April 8, 2011)http://www.people.com/people/package/article/0,,20161129_20240085,00.html
- Peterson, Josh. "5 Staycations You Can Take At Home." PlanetGreen.com. June 18, 2009. (April 8, 2011)http://planetgreen.discovery.com/travel-outdoors/staycations-cheap-safe.html
- Themed Entertainment Association. "Attraction Attendance 2007." (April 8, 2011)http://www.connectingindustry.com/downloads/pwteaerasupp.pdf
- Yates, Jennifer C. "Get Away On Vacation--At Home." Today. March 12, 2008. (April 8, 2011)http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/23580960/ns/today-todaytravel/
How can you plan a fun 'stay-cation'? Learn how to give yourself a much-needed break without breaking the bank by planning a fun 'stay-cation.'