Fun can be free -- or really cheap. Try some of these options to entertain the whole family.
- Take advantage of game events at local eateries
- Break out the cards and board games on the dining room table
- Build a puzzle together
- Borrow books, magazines and movies from your local library
- Get outside -- for gardening, hiking, bike riding, bird watching and star gazing
- Hit the community park for playgrounds, swimming and tennis, and wide fields for Frisbee and catch
- Bunn, Dawn. Mother of six, gardener and chicken keeper. Personal interview. Aug. 10, 2010.
- Martin, Ray. "Preparing a Family Budget You Can Stick To." The Early Show. CBS. Oct. 18, 2008. (Aug. 8, 2010) http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/18/earlyshow/main4530699.shtml
- "Schedule of Normal Life." The Old House Web. (Aug. 12, 2010) http://www.oldhouseweb.com/how-to-advice/schedule-of-normal-life.shtml