Tips for Finding the Best Life Insurance Rates
Wading through the vast amount of information regarding insurance can be daunting. If you don't know where to begin, here are some tips to finding the best insurance rates for you and your family:
- Shop around. You never know what may be the best fit for your insurance needs if you don't do your research. Web sites such as EHealthInsurance.com, SelectQuote.com and AccuQuote.com help walk you through finding the best policies for your needs. They represent major life insurance backers -- without having to deal with an agent.
- Buy life insurance when you're younger and healthier. It may be difficult for you later in life to get an adequate insurance policy when you're older and your health may be compromised.
- Buy from a financially sound company. There are a vast number of major financial organizations and insurance companies that are stable and secure, but do your homework before you settle on which company to use.
- Decide whether you want to use an insurance agent or buy on your own. You may be surprised at how much money you'll save if you go it alone, but it's usually easier when you have a middleman. It doesn't cost you anything to speak with an insurance representative, so don't be afraid to make initial inquiries about buying a policy.
- Accuquote. (Nov. 30, 2011) http://www.accuquote.com//
- CNN Money. "Choosing the right life insurance." (Nov. 21, 2011) http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/money101/lesson20/index.htm
- Coffey, Laura T. "You bet your life: Tips for buying life insurance." MSNBC. May 29, 2007. (Nov. 21, 2011) http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/18926723/ns/today-money/t/you-bet-your-life-tips-buying-life-insurance/#.TtRMy7_A8jx
- E Health Insurance. (Nov. 30, 2011) http://www.ehealthinsurance.com/life-insurance/
- Insurance Information Institute. "How can I assess the financial strength of an insurance company?" (Nov. 28, 2011) http://www.iii.org/individuals/life/buying/strength/
- Insurance Information Institute. "How often should I review my policy?" (Nov. 30, 2011) http://www.iii.org/individuals/life/current/review/
- Insurance Information Institute. "What is a beneficiary?" (Nov. 30, 2011) http://www.iii.org/articles/what-is-a-beneficiary.html
- Kristof, Kathy. "How to Buy Life Insurance Wisely." CBS News. Sept. 29, 2009. (Nov. 21, 2011) http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505144_162-36940611/how-to-buy-life-insurance-wisely/?tag=mwuser
- Lambert, Emily. "How to Buy Life Insurance." Forbes. Dec. 16, 2010. (Nov. 21, 2011) http://www.forbes.com/2010/12/16/life-insurance-shopping-personal-finance-term-permanent.html
- Martin, Justin. "Kids life insurance a pint-size mistake." CNN Money. Sept. 28, 2005. (Nov. 21, 2011) http://money.cnn.com/2005/09/27/pf/kids_insurance_0510/
- Mears, Teresa. "Fewer Americans have life insurance." Aug. 30, 2010. (Nov. 30, 2011) http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Insurance/article.aspx?post=1798693
- New York Life. "When You Can't Pay Your Life Insurance Premium." June 16, 2011. (Nov. 21, 2011) http://www.newyorklife.com/nyl/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=f416a2b3019d2210a2b3019d221024301cacRCRD
- Ormon, Suze. "How to Buy Life Insurance." O Magazine. January 2008. (Nov. 21, 2011) http://www.oprah.com/money/How-to-Buy-Life-Insurance
- Select Quote. (Nov. 30, 2011) http://www.selectquote.com/