The business card is still a necessary tool for maintaining contact with potential clients and associates. You can create your own business cards using Microsoft Word and business card computer paper. Read the steps listed below and learn about how to make business cards.
- Open a new document in Microsoft Word. Click on Tools, select Letters and Mailing and then select Envelopes and Labels. Click on the Labels tab and then click on the Options button.
- Choose Avery Standard as the Label Products, under the heading Label Information.
- Select product number 5371 -- Business Card and click OK.
- Click on the new document button in the Envelopes and Labels window. A screen with ten 2-inch-by-3.5-inch (5.08-centimeter-by-8.89-centimeter) cells will appear.
- Create your business card in the first cell on the left side. You can add your company logo or image by inserting the pictures from your computer files. Remember to include your company name, address, phone and fax numbers, and email address. Make your business card stand out by adding a picture or using bright font colors [source: Ginsberg].
- Copy the card to the other nine cells on the document page, once you have created a business card that you like. An easy way to do this is to select all the information and images in the first cell by clicking CTRL+A. Then click CTRL+C to copy it. Place your cursor in another cell and click CTRL+V to paste it [source: Daffron]. Save your document.
- Print your business cards with a high quality printer. You can print your business cards at home by clicking the print icon at the top of the screen. However, you may want to have your cards printed by a professional. Remember, presenting a high-quality business card will reflect well upon your business.