Every actor dreams of becoming a star, but not every actor succeeds. Becoming a movie star requires hard work, dedication, and patience. It means starting at the bottom of the ladder and working your way to the top. To become a star, you will need plenty of talent and most of all, lots of luck. If you follow the steps listed below, you will hopefully be on your way to becoming a movie star.
- Begin your acting career at an early age. Taking acting lessons and gaining experience early on is very important. Try to get parts in school productions.
- Learn as much as you can about acting and how to act. Attend a performing arts college and get a degree in drama.
- Get as much experience as you can. Any role, even minor ones, will help you get experience, as well as be seen and noticed.
- Network with the people you meet in the industry.
- Audition for every role that comes your way, but be prepared for rejections. In the beginning you will be rejected more often than not. Don't despair. It takes a long time to be noticed.
- Be prepared to work very hard. In order to realize your dream, you may be required to work very long hours for very little pay.
- Live close to production studios. Although this isn't a requirement, it can be quite helpful, as you'll always be nearby for auditions.
- Hire an agent. Agents have connections and know the right people. They can also negotiate the best possible deal.
- Persevere. Perseverance and commitment will hopefully help you land the acting job that will make you a movie star.[sources: Mahalo, SFT]