Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- How Business Accounting Works
- How Start-up Capital Works
- How Building a Business Identity Works
- How Hiring a Sales Team Works
- How Business Legal Structures Work
- How Hiring Works
- How Bankruptcy Works
- How Cooking the Books Works
- How IPOs Work
- How Stocks and the Stock Market Works
More Great Links
- The Wacky World of M&As
- Takeovers and Leveraged Buyouts
- How to Cope With The Threat of Hostile Takeovers
- Alsdorf, Matt. "What is a hostile takeover?" Slate, November 11, 1999.
- Barmash, Isadore. "A Not-So-Tender Offer." Prentice Hall, 1995. 0-13-182312-4.
- "Breaking Off Ties: Firms Selling Off Cross-Held Shares." Japan Information Network, January 11, 2001.
- Cole, Benjamin Mark. "L.A. Was Ground Zero for Leveraged Buyouts in 1980s." Los Angeles Business Journal, June 26, 2000.
- Diamond, Stephen C., ed. Leveraged Buyouts. Dow Jones-Irwin, 1985. 0-87094-579-3.
- Fried, Ian. "Costs Mount in HP Proxy Fight." News.com, March 13, 2002.
- Li, Jin and Wang, Fiona. "Leveraged Buyouts: Inception, Evolution, and Future Trends."
- Real Corporate Lawyer: Proxy
- Surowiecki, James. "Drug-company merger-maniacs need sedation." Slate, November 11, 1999.
- SEC: Tender Offer